What's new on Manfred's "Photo Albums" pages RSS

Recently created and updated albums:

Manfred Tinebor
Egge - Trötenberg, Rehberg, Emmerquelle
• Die Egge ist ein Mittelgebirgszug am Südende des Teutoburger Waldes. Zusammen mit dem Südostteil des Teutoburger Waldes bildet das Eggegebirge den langgestreckten und 2711 km² großen Naturpark "Teutoburger Wald / Eggegebirge".
Die Egge ist die Wasserscheide zwischen dem Rhein und der Weser. Die Quellen auf den Westhängen der Egge bilden Zuflüsse zum Rhein. Die Quellen auf den Osthängen, wie die Emmerquelle, fließen in die Weser.
Für den Bau der Eisenbahn wurde die Egge untertunnelt. Der Bau des Stollens durch den 427 m hohen Rehberg begann 1861. Wegen der vielen Quellen des Rehbergs gab es einige Wassereinbrüche während der Stollengrabung. 1864 fuhr die erste Dampflok durch den Rehberg.
Mit dem Rehbergtunnel und dem 1851 fertiggestelltem Eisenbahn-Viadukt über das Beketal wurde Altenbeken zu einem bedeutenden Eisenbahnknotenpunkt.

• The Egge is a low mountain range at the southern end of the Teutoburg Forest. Together with the southeast part of the Teutoburg Forest, the Egge mountains form the elongated 2711 km² nature park "Teutoburger Wald / Eggegebirge".
The Egge is the watershed between the river Rhine and the river Weser. The springs on the western slopes of the Egge form tributaries to the Rhine. The springs on the eastern slopes, such as the Emmer, flow into the Weser.
For the construction of the railway the Egge was tunnelled. The excavation through the 427 m high mountain Rehberg began in 1861. Because of the many springs of the Rehberg, there were some water ingress during the tunnel excavation. In 1864 the first steam locomotive drove through the Rehberg.
With the Rehberg tunnel and the railway viaduct over the valley Beketal, completed in 1851, Altenbeken became an important railway junction.
Album was created 2 years 8 months ago and modified 2 years 8 months ago
No comments
34 files
view album | view roll
Manfred Tinebor
Sababurg
• Die Sababurg ist die Ruine einer Höhenburg im sagenumwobenen Reinhardswald, der sich westlich der Weser zwischen Hann.Münden und Bad Karlshafen erstreckt.
Die Höhenburg entstand ab 1334 zum Schutz der Pilger des nahen Wallfahrtsorts Gottsbüren. Aus der mittelalterlichen Burganlage entstand ab 1490 ein Jagdschloss.
1571 gründete Landgraf Wilhelm IV. unterhalb der Sababurg den ersten Tierpark Europas. Der 130 ha große Tierpark diente zum Zweck der Jagd. Es wurden darin unter anderem Ure, Damwild, weiße Hirsche, Gämsen, Elche und Rentiere gehalten.
Zu Beginn der 1970er-Jahre eröffnete der Landkreis Kassel das Parkgelände neu als Wildpark. Der Park mit seinen weiten Weiden beheimatet wieder viel heimisches Großwild.

• The Sababurg is the ruin of a hilltop castle in the legendary Reinhardswald, which is located west of the river Weser between Hann.Münden and Bad Karlshafen.
The hilltop castle was built from 1334 to protect the pilgrims of the nearby pilgrimage town of Gottsbüren. A hunting lodge was built from the medieval castle complex in 1490.
In 1571 Landgrave Wilhelm IV founded the first wildlife park in Europe below the Sababurg. The 130 hectare wildlife park was used for hunting. Ure, fallow deer, white deer, chamois, elk and reindeer were kept there.
At the beginning of the 1970s, the Kassel district opened the park area to the public. The wildlife park with its wide pastures is home to a lot of local big game.
Album was created 2 years 8 months ago and modified 2 years 8 months ago
6 comments
38 files
view album | view roll
Manfred Tinebor
Egge - Velmerstot, Silberbachtal
• Die Egge ist ein Mittelgebirgszug des Oberen Weserberglands am Südende des Teutoburger Waldes. Zusammen mit dem Südostteil des Teutoburger Waldes bildet das Eggegebirge den langgestreckten und 2711 km² großen Naturpark Teutoburger Wald/Eggegebirge. Velmerstot ist der nördlichste und höchste Berg des Eggegebirges. Velmerstot besitzt zwei Kuppen: die 464 m hohe Preußische Velmerstot mit dem Eggeturm, sowie die 441 m hohe Lippische Velmerstot mit zerklüfteten Sandsteinfelsen. Das Silberbachtal ist die geographische Scheide zwischen dem Teutoburger Wald und dem Eggegebirge.

• The Egge is a low mountain range of the Upper Weser Uplands at the southern end of the Teutoburg Forest. Together with the southeastern part of the Teutoburg Forest, the Egge Mountains form the elongated 2711 km² Teutoburg Forest / Egge Mountains Nature Park. Velmerstot is the northernmost and highest mountain of the Egge Mountains. Velmerstot has two summits: the 464 m high Prussian Velmerstot with the Egge tower and the 441 m high Lippe Velmerstot with jagged sandstone cliffs. The Silberbach valley is the geographical divide between the Teutoburg Forest and the Egge Mountains.
Album was created 4 years 3 months ago and modified 2 years 8 months ago
9 comments
137 files
view album | view roll
Manfred Tinebor
Porta Westfalica - Kaiser-Wilhelm-Denkmal
• Porta Westfalica (lateinisch für Westfälische Pforte) ist ein Gebirgstor vom Weserbergland und dem Wiehengebirge durch das die Weser in die Norddeutsche Tiefebene übergeht.
Porta Westfalica heißt auch die Stadt am Gebirgstor in der Region Ostwestfalen-Lippe.
Oberhalb des Weserdurchbruchs Porta Westfalica, des "Tors nach Westfalen", steht das 88 m hohe Kaiser-Wilhelm-Denkmal. Das Denkmal wurde 1892 bis 1896 zur Feier der Einigung des Deutschen Reiches in Person von Kaiser Wilhelm I. errichtet.

• Porta Westfalica (Latin for Westphalian Gate) is a mountain gate of the Weser Uplands and the Wiehen Mountains through which the Weser merges into the North German Plain.
Porta Westfalica is also the name of the town at the mountain gate in the East Westphalia-Lippe region.
Above the Weser breakthrough Porta Westfalica, the "gateway to Westphalia", stands the 88 m high Kaiser-Wilhelm-monument. The monument was erected from 1892 to 1896 to celebrate the unification of the German Empire in the person of Emperator Wilhelm I.
Album was created 3 years 2 months ago and modified 3 years 2 months ago
No comments
49 files
view album | view roll
Manfred Tinebor
Haus Merlsheim
• Haus Merlsheim ist ein zweiflügeliges, zweigeschossiges Wasserschloss im Kreis Höxter (Nordrhein-Westfalen).
Im Jahr 1292 fand die Ritterburg Merlsheim erstmals urkundliche Erwähnung. Ab 1507 gehörte die ritterliche Wasserburg zum Hochstift Paderborn. Der Domherr von Kettler ließ die Wehranlage 1667-1668 zum jetzigen Haus Merlsheim umbauen.

• House Merlsheim is a two-wing, two-storey moated castle in the Höxter district (North Rhine-Westphalia)..
The knight's castle Merlsheim was first mentioned in a document in 1292. From 1507 the knightly moated castle belonged to the Paderborn bishopric. The canon von Kettler had the weir system converted into the current House of Merlsheim in 1667-1668.
Album was created 3 years 3 months ago and modified 3 years 3 months ago
No comments
20 files
view album | view roll
Manfred Tinebor
Marienmünster - Benediktinerkloster
• Marienmünster gehört zu den bedeutsamsten Klosterorten in Nordrhein-Westfalen. Die Klosteranlage des ehemaligen Benediktinerklosters im Kreis Höxter ist fast vollständig erhalten. Kirche und Klostergebäude wurden 1128 im romanischen Stil errichtet. Widekind I. Graf von Schwalenberg stattete das Kloster mit Gütern zum Lebensunterhalt der Mönche aus. 1803 gingen die Kirche und das Kloster in den Besitz des Königreiches Preußen. 39 Mönche mussten das Kloster verlassen. Das Inventar, unter dem sich auch wertvolle Kunstgegenstände befanden, und die Bibliothek wurden versteigert. Nach der Auflösung des Klosters blieb allerdings die Pfarrei bestehen. Aus diesem Grund durften zwei Mönche bleiben und ihre Arbeit fortsetzen.

• Marienmünster is one of the most important monastery locations in North Rhine-Westphalia. The monastery complex of the former Benedictine monastery in the Höxter district has been almost completely preserved. The church and monastery building were built in Romanesque style in 1128. Widekind I. Earl of Schwalenberg furnished the monastery with goods to support the monks. In 1803 the church and the monastery became the property of the Kingdom of Prussia. 39 monks had to leave the monastery. The inventory, which included valuable works of art, and the library were auctioned off. After the dissolution of the monastery, however, the parish remained. Because of this, two monks were allowed to stay and continue their work.
Album was created 3 years 4 months ago and modified 3 years 4 months ago
No comments
63 files
view album | view roll
Manfred Tinebor
Bad Pyrmont - Hauptallee
• Bad Pyrmont ist eine Kurstadt im Weserbergland und gehört zum niedersächsischen Landkreis Hameln-Pyrmont. Sieben Heilquellen mit unterschiedlich zusammengesetzten Wässern sprudeln dort aus dem Boden und werden für Bäder und Trinkkuren genutzt.
Die Hauptallee wurde vom Fürsten Georg Friedrich zu Waldeck-Pyrmont im Jahr 1668 vom Brunnenplatz als vierreihige Lindenallee angelegt. Die Lindenallee wurde als Spaziergang während der Trinkkur genutzt. Der Brunnenplatz mit dem Hylligen Born ist der Mittelpunkt der Stadt und gleichzeitig das Wahrzeichen Bad Pyrmonts. Im Jahr 2000 wurde am unteren Ende der Hauptallee ein Wasserlauf neu angelegt. Unterbrochen wird der Lauf des Wassers durch den "Platz der vier Jahreszeiten", wo in den vier Platzecken aus Pylonen Musik erklingt.

• Bad Pyrmont is a spa town in the Weser Uplands and belongs to the district of Hameln-Pyrmont in Lower Saxony. Seven medicinal mineral springs with different compositions of water bubble out of the ground and are used for baths and drinking cures.
The main avenue was built by Prince George Frederick of Waldeck-Pyrmont in 1668 as a four-row lime avenue. The lime avenue was used as a walk during the drinking cure. The Fountain Square with the Hylligen Born is the center of the city and also the landmark of Bad Pyrmont. In 2000, a watercourse was new created at the bottom of the main avenue. The run of the water is interrupted by the 'Square of the Four Seasons', where in the four corners music of pylons sounds.
Album was created 4 years 9 months ago and modified 3 years 4 months ago
3 comments
21 files
view album | view roll
Manfred Tinebor
Schloss Bad Pyrmont
• 1526 wurde das Gebäude im Auftrag der Grafen von Spiegelberg als Festung begonnen und 1562 als Schloss im Stil der Weserrenaissance fertiggestellt. Heute wird das Schloss als Museum und für Ausstellungsveranstaltungen genutzt.

• In 1526 the building was begun by order of the counts of Spiegelberg as a fortress and 1562 was finished as a castle in the style of the Weser Renaissance. Today the castle is used as a museum and for exhibit events.
Album was created 12 years 10 months ago and modified 3 years 4 months ago
37 comments
64 files
view album | view roll

Copyright © Manfred Tinebor, Germany. Commercial use of page contents is forbidden. All rights reserved. For private use only.